Confidential & Secure Collateral Loans.
Get the cash you need, when you need it. It's quick, easy, confidential, and does not require credit checks.
Pawn Brokers such as ours can serve a valuable role in providing short-term loans to customers with something valuable to serve as collateral. In contrast to a bank loan, there’s no credit check or investigation into your income. Instead, the amount you can borrow depends on the value of your collateral.
Loan Procedure (5 steps) :
All items must be clean & presentable. All serial numbers must be intact & legible.
***We reserve the right to refuse any articles.***
1. Bring in your item that will be used for collateral and let us how much money you need to borrow.
2. We will assess your item and discuss the allowable amount for your collateral loan.
3. Present valid, government-issued photo ID.
4. Sign the required document and collect your cash and you're done.
5. Finally, we label and carefully store your item where it's safe, and send a detailed report of all pawned items to the local RCMP.
Pawn (Loan) Policies:
- All Pawns (Loans) are written for a 1-month Term. ie. If a loan was made on March 3, 2022, it would expire on April 3, 2022.
- Interest is charged per month or part of a month. ***We will generally allow 1-day grace when calculating interest charges***
- All Pawn Renewals and Pawn Redemptions must be paid in cash, Debit, or E-Transfer. Credit cards are not accepted for those payments
- All pawns require you to be at least 18 and have a Valid Government-issued picture ID which is required to be presented every time you get a loan.
- Once a pawn is written we are not able to split up items on a contract, you must Redeem all items at one time.
- While on loan we never show items to potential buyers
- We do not accept items that have damaged, removed or altered Serial Numbers.
- You must have a clear title for any items you want to pawn. It is illegal to pawn or sell an item that is on a payment plan or a conditional sale, they must be paid off in full before they can be pawned or sold.
- Pawns may be Redeemed in two ways:
a.) by anyone with the slip. ***If a slip is lost or misplaced please notify us in person***
b.) by the person who brought it in with their Valid Government-issued picture ID.
- Pawns may only be Renewed or Redeemed without a pawn ticket or ID after it is expired.
- If you need longer than a month you may Renew your loan by paying the interest that has accrued. After the payment is received we will issue a new ticket with the expiry date updated one month from the original date.
- If you are unable to pay interest charges on or before the due date we will hold the item(s) for a maximum of 7 days past the original expiry date for an additional charge of 1 month's interest. ***Nuway Traders and their staff retain the right to deny such requests.***