Games Table Top Games Warhammer 40k Games Workshop Tyranids : Codex 9781804572313
The Tyranids are an all-consuming alien swarm from beyond the known galaxy. Driven by the vast and ineffable intellect of the Hive Mind, their tendrils drive into fresh systems with every passing hour. These single-minded metapredators cannot be reasoned with, bought off, or put to flight. They seek only to strip each new world they encounter, devouring every shred of biomass to feed the relentless advance of the hive fleets and leaving dead, airless husks in their wake.
Endlessly adaptable, the Tyranids possess no mechanical technology. Instead, their weapons and wargear are symbiotic or parasitic organisms, bonded with their wielders and capable of annihilating prey with hails of bio-acid, living projectiles, and ravaging psionic energies. From seething masses of warrior organisms to malevolent leader-beasts and walking battle-tank-sized monsters, the Tyranid swarms are as nightmarish as they are unstoppable.
This book is an essential guide for anyone who wants to collect Tyranids and unleash the power of the Hive Mind on the tabletop. Inside these pages, you’ll find all the rules you need to play a Tyranids army in games of Warhammer 40,000 – including Crusade and Combat Patrol rules – along with detailed accounts of their rapacious behaviour, divergent hive fleets, horrifying biotechnology, and invasions past and present.
Inside this 120-page hardback book, you'll find:
– In-depth background information exploring the alien nature and murky origins of the Tyranids, from their nightmarish biology to the history of the Tyrannic Wars
– Stunning artwork highlighting the horrifying variety and vast scope of these ever-evolving xenos swarms
– 47 datasheets detailing the profiles, wargear, and unique abilities of every Tyranids unit, from swarming Termagants to the mighty Norn Emissary
– Six themed Detachments for Tyranids armies, such as the Invasion Fleet and Crusher Stampede, each with their own set of special rules
– Crusade rules for infesting and consuming entire planets in your narrative campaigns, as your army feasts on its victims and develops new adaptations
– Self-contained Combat Patrol rules and a painting guide, allowing you to play fast-paced games with the Vardenghast Swarm
– An 'Eavy Metal showcase of superbly-painted Citadel miniatures to inspire you, featuring a variety of Tyranid hive fleet colour schemes
This book also contains a one-use code to unlock Codex: Tyranids content in Warhammer 40,000: The App.